lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ganesh m <emailg...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>
Subject Storing Json field in Lucene
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2020 05:00:52 GMT
Hi
I am currently storing indexed field and stored field in separate database. In stored field
database, Document Id, Type and Json string of metadata will be stored. Basically i am using
it as key-value pair database. For every document to be indexed, we have three different metadata
structure to be stored. That is the reason, we have Document Id and Type, so that we can query
and retrieve stored field based on type. We have to depend on Lucene as we don't have any
other database to store data.

Is it good idea to store complete Json as string to Lucene DB. If we store as separate fields
then we have around 30 fields. There will be 30 seeks to get complete stored fields. If we
store it as Json then it is a one seek to retrieve the data. Since it is Json, field name
and its value will be stored for every record and it may bloat index size.

Could you guide me what is the better approach. To store as Json or as individual fields.

RegardsGanesh