lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marc F <xfrontli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incorrect CollectionStatistics if IndexWriter.close is not called
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2021 16:23:03 GMT
Hi,

You're right the documentation of Terms.getDocCount says that "this
measure does not take deleted documents into account".
So if we want correct counts and correct query scores, the IndexWriter
has to be closed after documents are deleted/updated and a new one has
to be created when new documents arrive.

Thanks

Le dim. 28 févr. 2021 à 17:04, Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
<dceccarelli4@bloomberg.net> a écrit :

> I *guess* it's due to the fact that the update is implemented as remove and reinsert
the document. Deletes in Lucene are lazy: the deleted document is just flagged as deleted
in a bitmap and then removed from the index only when segments are merged.  Did you check
IndexSearcher.collectionStatistic documentation? it should mention something about that..