lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Search results/criteria validation
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2021 21:38:40 GMT
Thanks for the response Paul, it would be great if you can point me to that discussion.

------
Regards
-Siraj Haider
(212) 306-0154

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net.INVALID>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 4:02 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org; Diego Ceccarelli <dceccarelli4@bloomberg.net>
Subject: Re: Search results/criteria validation

Explain is a heavyweight thing. Maybe it helps you, maybe you need something high-performance.

I was asking a similar question ~10 years ago and got a very interesting answer on this list.
If you want I can try to dig this to find it. At the end, and with some limitation in the
number of queries and in the score’s fineness, it was indicating thing sub-query was used.
This was used to attempt highlighting matching of the parts of a formula.

Paul