lucene-openrelevance-dev mailing list archives

From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: dataset collection
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:41:14 GMT
Otis, I nearly forgot you :)

Attached are the screenshots.

The flow is quite obvious, but as a service here's the architecture

Honestly there's still quite a lot to do, but the basics are already
there. The idea is to be able to handle several corpora per language,
and to be able to have more than one language in the system. Also, we
should be able to remove judgments based on users, and to have an
overall smart system of detecting poor judgments (i.e. keep judgments
from a new user in standby until he judges a few dozens, etc).

There are quite a few questions that come to mind (and some were raised
before), such as what is the ideal way of scoring (boolean, 1..5, other
system), whether we should trust one judgment per doc/topic or we should
try crossing, and so on.

My plan is to give this some attention in a few weeks. As you can see,
its quite a crucial part of my work on Hebrew search. Your thoughts /
cooperation appreciated.