lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <grant_ingers...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XML Schema for schema.xml
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:24:55 GMT
Great minds think alike :-)

Yeah, it is a bit eerie how similar they are, but I think they both go to solve a similar
issue (mine started out with the desire to have only one Analyzer that I could configure with
different filters, believe it or not, and grew from there).  The biggest difference that I
see is that we are search engine agnostic (Lucene is but one implementation you could use),
but there is no need for Solr to be that.

We use Term Vectors quite a bit, in fact, I was thinking of having a go at a patch (so if
you want to point me at where to begin)...  Other than that, I haven't delved into as deeply
as I would like to at this point yet, but that is coming soon.

Yonik Seeley <yseeley@gmail.com> wrote: Grant, I just today got a chance to page through
your ApacheCon Lucene
presentation.
I did a double-take when I paged across your "sample configuration" slide.
WIld how similar some of it looks to Solr's schema!

So since it seems like your stuff has it's own schema too, do you see
any features needed for Solr's schema?

-Yonik

=======From Gran's Presentation========
Declare a Tokenizer: