lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: faceted browsing
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:39:28 GMT
Yonik,

Thanks for the recommendations.  It's reassuring to know I was on the
right track in realizing that a custom SolrRequestHandler was needed
to accomplish this.

Now I need to investigate the flexibility of the solrconfig.xml - can
custom parameters be set there, such that a custom SolrRequestHandler
could read them?   For example, I'd want to list the field names that
are the "facets", such that counts for each of those are returned
with each query.

Thanks,
	Erik