lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Morten Fangel <fan...@nable.dk>
Subject Newbie with problems getting Solr to run on Tomcat
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 09:05:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm quite the newbie when it comes to running Tomcat webapps and the likes of
it.. I just need Solr for my website as we have ~45.000 articles we would
like a full-text index of.

And I have gotten the example "distribution" (solr-nightly/example/) running
by modding the schema.xml file.. But since I hardly believe that Getty is
suitable for a production env. I tried to move it to Tomcat..
So I installed Tomcat on our "staging"/"test"-server (a copy of our production
env. to test stuff out on).

It's:
Java SDK: `java -version` == java version "1.5.0_06"
Tomcat version: `./bin/version.sh`== Version: Apache Tomcat/5.0

Solr-Nightly from solr-2006-09-19.zip

When I try to access: testsite.[mycompany].dk/solr/admin/ I get attached
error-msg..

I would really appreciate any help, because I would really enjoy using Solr
for our searches...

Morten Fangel // fangel
  Denmark