lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Stratmann <stratm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Java heap space
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 09:37:28 GMT
Yonik Seeley wrote:
>> Yes, on a delete operation. I'm not doing any commits until the end of
>> all delete operations.
> I assume this is a delete-by-id and not a delete-by-query?  They work
> very differently.

Yes, all queries are delete-by-id.

> If you are first deleting so you can re-add a newer version of the
> document, you don't need too... overwriting older documents based on
> the uniqueKeyField is something Solr does for you!

Yes, I know. But the articles in our (sql-)database get new IDs when
they are changed so they need to be deleted an re-inserted into the index.

> Is it possible to use a profiler to see where all the memory is going?
> It sounds like you may have uncovered a memory leak somewhere.

I'm not that experienced concerning Java, but maybe if you give me some
advice I'm glad if I can help. So far I had a quick look at JMP once but
that's all.
Don't hesitate to write me a PM on that subject.

> Also what OS, what JVM, what appserver are you using?
OS: Linux (Debian GNU/Linux i686)
JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode) of
Sun's JDK 5.0.
Currently I'm using the Jetty installation from the solr nightly builds
for test purposes.

Marcus