lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Stratmann <stratm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Java heap space
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 12:13:49 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> This is because building a full Solr distribution from scratch requires
> that you have JUnit.  Bt it is not required to run Solr.
Ah, I see. That was a very valuable hint for me.
I was able now to compile an older revision (393957). Testing this
revision I was able to delete more than 600,000 documents without problems.
 From my point of view it looks like this: Revision 393957 works while
the latest revision cause problems. I don't know what part of the
distribution causes the problems but I will try to find out. I think a
good start would be to find out which was the first revision not working
for me. Maybe this would be enough information for you to find out what
had been changed at this point and what causes the problems.
I will also try just to change the solr.war to check if maybe Jetty is
responsible for the OOM.

I'll post a report when I have some results.

Marcus