lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Levy <LuceneL...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Separate config and index per webapp
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 18:48:01 GMT
I copied solrconfig.xml, schema.xml, synonyms.txt, protwords.txt and
stopwords.txt into the WEB-INF/classes directory and the webapp is
reading those files.

I was thinking that if I uncommented the indexDir element in
solrconfig.xml, it would then use that directory in which to place the index
The commented-out default value is:
  <indexDir>index</indexDir>

I tried changing the value to:
  <indexDir>indexXXX</indexDir>

However this is being ignored; the index directory is still being
created under Tomcat's current-working-directory/solr/conf/index   (In
my case I'm testing under Windows and it's C:\Tomcat 5.5\solr\data\index)

Any ideas?  Thanks.