lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding xml to SolrQueryResponse
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 21:14:09 GMT
On 5/1/06, Mike Austin <maustin75@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to add attributes besides name to an xml node returned from
> SolrQueryResponse? I've looked at the SolrQueryResponse.add and it looks
> like a NamedList is my only option.  I know that I can get by with nodes
> that have only the name attribute but it would make life a little easier to
> throw some more attributes on a node.

There isn't currently, and making things too extensible will get you
back to unconstrained XML again (might as well use DOM or something).

Hmmm, but one could put random XML in the response by making an XML
type that you would get if you put a DOM object in the NamedList for
the response.

<response>
  <result> // normal Solr result </result>

</response>

-Yonik