lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java heap space
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 14:21:44 GMT
On 5/3/06, Yonik Seeley <yseeley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just tried sending in 100,000 deletes and it didn't cause a problem:
> the memory grew from 22M to 30M.
>
> Random thought: perhaps it has something to do with how you are
> sending your requests?

Yep, I was able to reproduce a memory problem w/ Jetty on Linux when
using non-persistent connections (closed after each request).  The
same 100,000 deletes blew up the JVM to 1GB heap.

So this looks like it could be a Jetty problem (shame on me for using a beta).
I'm still not quite sure what changed in Solr that could make it
appear in later version and not in earlier versions though... the
version of Jetty is the same.

-Yonik