lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr setup
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 15:30:14 GMT
On 5/5/06, Marcus Stratmann <stratmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> Yonik Seeley wrote:
> > If you start from a normal tomcat distribution, we will be able to
> > eliminate that difference.
>
> Yes, I finally got Solr working with Tomcat.
> But there are still two minor problems.
> The first appears when I try to get the statistics page.
> I'm getting this error message:

> An error occurred at line: 18 in the jsp file: /admin/stats.jsp
> Generated servlet error:
> /var/lib/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost/solr/org/apache/jsp/admin/stats_jsp.java:106:
for-each loops are not supported in -source 1.3
> (try -source 1.5 to enable for-each loops)

It looks like Tomcat 5.0 doesn't support Java5 in JSPs (out-of-the-box
at least).
Could you try the latest Tomcat 5.5?  It worked fine for me.

You don't need an official package for your OS... it's easiest to
simply download the latest directly from apache, unpack it, and go!
(no installation is necessary, you just need to have Java5 in your
path).

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi#5.5.17

-Yonik