lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: who uses Solr?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:04:10 GMT
My Solr application is literally a week or less away from public
deployment.  It's the Google/del.icious(ok, ok, Simpy!)/Flickr of
19th century literature.  It's working very nicely as a Ruby on Rails
front-end with a bit of AJAX coolness for Google-suggest like
behavior (with the data coming from a custom Solr cache) and tons of
faceting.  I've still got some work to do in order to use Solr's
caches as they were intended (I currently hacked a bunch all into
one, essentially, so its all in RAM for now).  My group is very
pleased with the effectiveness of Solr.

And I'm embarking on a side consulting project that will use RoR+Solr
in very similar ways too.

Best wishes with the AC presentation.  I'm envious - it's quite fun
to present something as spectacular as Solr.

	Erik

p.s. I'll gladly add our site to the PublicServers page when we go live.