lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject custom query response writer
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:09:19 GMT
I'm now implementing a custom QueryResponseWriter in order to inject
some additional information into the output.  I still am generating
XML output, for the time being, but just with more information per
document (it will read field information from other documents that
are linked to the one being written, think relationships here).  I'm
having difficulty customizing the output because XMLWriter's
constructor is package protected.  Is there a performance or API
reason we need this class to be uninstantiable from other packages?
Having it still final is ok, I believe, but making the constructor
public would help me write a custom query response writer.

Objections?

Or are there alternatives to consider to keep writing XML and
leverage the built-in support such that SchemaField.write() provides?

Thanks,
	Erik