lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Faceted Browsing questions
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:19:05 GMT
I'm extremely time constrained at the moment, but I'll reply
briefly.  Solr provides the ground work for making faceted features
possible, but out of the box it does not provide it without coding a
custom request handler and knowing a little about Lucene and Solr's
APIs.  As you've seen, bits and pieces have been posted to the list.
My project is open-source at the "patacriticism" project at
SourceForge, under the "nines" folder in Subversion.  Feel free to
have a peek there, but its certainly going to change dramatically
soon to take better advantage of Solr's caching infrastructure - so
take it as a (bad) example for now.

	Erik