lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Lucas <bluca...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: SolPHP
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 01:16:44 GMT
Erik,

I'll get the PHP bindings out to see how they suit the needs of people and
use that feedback for the Rails bindings.  I'm looking forward to seeing how
they could be implemented as well.
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:59 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: SolPHP

Brian,

I'd love to give any RoR bindings a try if you're a point to share.
I can see all sorts of interesting fun that can be had with such
bindings, such as pulling schema.xml from the server and using its
field definitions to build mapping objects (like ActiveRecord),
support for all the parameters of the request handler(s), clever
iterators that would page through the hits by requesting bite-sized
chunks from Solr.  At the very least, of course, is having the
request and response abstracted so no XML or HTTP is seen by the
client code.

	Erik