lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Stratmann <stratm...@gmx.de>
Subject OutOfMemory error while sorting
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:25:45 GMT
Hello,

I have a new problem with OutOfMemory errors.
As I reported before, we have an index with more than 10 million
documents and 23 fields. Recently I added a new field which we will only
use for sorting purposes (by "adding" I mean building a new index). But
it turned out that every query using this field for sorting ends in an
out of memory error. Even sorting result sets containing just one
document does not work. The field is of type solr.StrField and strange
enough there are some other fields in the index of the same type which
do not cause these problems (but not all of them; our uniqueKey-field
has the same problems with sorting).
Now I am wondering why sorting works with some of the fields but not
with others. Could it be that this depends on the content?

Thanks,
Marcus