lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Fabio Confalonieri <fa...@zero.it>
Subject Re: International Charsets in embedded XML
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:04:56 GMT


Klaas-2 wrote:
> 
> Are you sending Content-Type headers with appropriate charset
> indicated?  Is your xml fully-escpaed in your update message?
> 

...no, actually I simply make a

			URLConnection conn = url.openConnection();
			conn.setRequestProperty("ContentType", "text/xml");
			conn.setDoOutput(true);
			wr = new OutputStreamWriter(conn.getOutputStream());
			wr.write(data);
			wr.flush();

to post del add xml and my XML is embedded in a CData without further
escaping... have I to to something else.

I'm getting data from a MySQL db and I found some problems where in
retrieving data from there.

I've made some step forword connecting to the db with
"characterEncodingutf8" in the jdbc URL, and then converting with:

new String(mysqlXMLField.getBytes("latin1"));

But I'm really not into charsets and encodings...


--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/International-Charsets-in-embedded-XML-t1780147.html#a4849551
Sent from the Solr - User forum at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message