lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: List of indexed terms for a field
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:24:27 GMT

On Jun 7, 2006, at 3:45 AM, Paul Terray wrote:
> I am trying Solr for some projects and I am very impressed by its
> simplicity
> and clarity of use.
>

> I am trying to make an index: Is there any way to get a list of all
> indexed
> terms for a field (especially a string or text one)?

Out of the box Solr does not do this by default, but the core
architecture of Solr makes this easy to add.

I've built a Google-Suggest-like drop down do this very thing.  All
of my Solr code is currently going here:

	<http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/patacriticism/nines/trunk/
src/solr/org/nines/>

Particularly the FacetedSearchRequestHandler.java - where (prefix !=
null).  In this particular case it's doing something a little
interesting... a RAMDirectory was built into a custom Solr cache that
indexes peoples names with tokenization and then returns just the
names (not "documents").

Note: There are domain-centric things in there at the moment, with
the grand idea to build any of these types of things into Solr when
they are proven in the field.

	Erik