lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Faceted Browsing questions
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 04:58:48 GMT

On Jun 29, 2006, at 12:30 AM, Vish D. wrote:
> Any update on your progress? Eager to get my hands on on your
> latest code...
> :=)

It's all in our Subversion repository:

	<http://sourceforge.net/projects/patacriticism>

Sorry I didn't announce it, but we do have a patacriticism-
development e-mail list that you can subscribe to for commit messages.

I've got a dual object-type facet cache going on now, where
TermQuery's are cached for most facets making them quite lightweight
and currently fitting all of our faceted fields nicely in RAM.
However, I'm layering one level of "relationship" between different
document _types_ in Solr that is a cross-reference of tags->objects
and usernames->objects, where the objects are the basic document type
(type:A - for "archive") in Solr, and type:C documents are the
folksonomical glue between a user and an object, supporting tagging
and annotations currently.  These relationship "facets" are currently
DocSet caches, but they fit into the same cache so the front-end can
constrain the search space by agent (aka author/artist/etc), genre,
archive, year, users and tags as if they were all the same sort of
thing.

We're currently having some sysadmin folks get us set up with a
production environment to run this thing.  All the pieces are there
in our repository to bootstrap the Collex system by launching two
command-lines, one for RoR and one for Solr via Jetty.  And an Ant
build file "index" target to index a directory full of (our custom
flavor of) RDF into Solr.  No instructions are yet available on
bootstrapping it all just yet.  But feel free to tinker if you like.  :)

	Erik