lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard Query
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:22:00 GMT
On Jun 20, 2006, at 6:07 AM, Pace Davis wrote:
> Ok, before I go start writing a new request handler....let me ask a
> dumb
> question and see if I am approaching this wrong in Solr. If I am
> trying to
> search a field where I have one doc with a field that has a value
> of "Hello
> World"...if the search query is "ello"  ...currently is there a way
> to make
> this query match this field?

This is more a Lucene question than Solr.  You will need to either do
special analysis that would index "hello" in various pieces such as
"ello", "llo"... or do as Hoss suggested and create a custom request
handler that searched and returned results however you like.  I have
written several custom request handlers in my application.  You could
do this pretty easily yourself by copying StandardRequestHandler to
your own class name, modifying how it creates the Query, and
configuring it in solrconfig.xml file.

	Erik