lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene versioning policy
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 06:48:19 GMT

: Also, are there any plans to split solr into a release/development mode?
:
: I'd really like to use solr in a commercial setting, but having nothing but
: nightly builds available makes me uneasy.

I believe that as long as Solr is in the incubator, nightly builds are the
only releases we are allowed to have.  This is a side note in the
incubation policy about exiting incubation...

   Note: incubator projects are not permitted to issue an official
   Release. Test snapshots (however good the quality) and Release
   plans are OK.

...of course, there is some conflicting info higher up in the same doc
that suggests they are allowed, but they require jumping through some
hoops...

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

-Hoss