lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: International Charsets in embedded XML
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:49:59 GMT

: application server (Tomcat) initially.  While I think it's already been
: alluded to pretty well, it might be a good idea to stress on the Solr wiki
: that the Jetty instance isn't fully debugged and is only recommended for
: proof-of-concept.

I think the goal was to avoid advocating for or against any particular
application server in all the documentation, becuse we didn't want people
to assume that they had to use a specific implimentation (although if
providing Jetty for the example makes people think that Jetty is the way
to go, then maybe our problem isn't documentation).

But I have added a FAQ about multibyte characters that mentions people
have more success with Tomcat then Jetty in that regard ... if anyone has
any additional tips/comments to make on the subject feel free to add them
to the Wiki...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ#head-e4563a0de1698b4933b4056a7db2df8faec16cf1

-Hoss