lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Andre Basse" <ABa...@theage.com.au>
Subject Google like searching
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 04:52:33 GMT
Hi Solr users,

I would like to configure my Solr search to make it Google like.
With the standard setup, the "OR" operator is used between two or more
search values.

Example:

A search for  berlin robin
returns in debug mode:
<str name="querystring">berlin robin</str>
<str name="parsedquery">pubtext:berlin pubtext:robin</str>
(and will give me all documents that with berlin or robin)

An "AND" search for  berlin AND Robin
returns in debug mode :
<str name="querystring">berlin AND robin</str>
<str name="parsedquery">+pubtext:berlin +pubtext:robin</str>
(and will give me only the document that contains berlin and robin)

How can I setup Solar, that my users don't have to key in AND all the
time?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Andre

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential.
 If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is subject to
copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written
consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender immediately by return e-mail, or telephone and delete all copies. Fairfax does not
guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this e-mail or attached
files. Internet communications are not secure, therefore Fairfax does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message or attached files.