lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From WHIRLYCOTT <p...@whirlycott.com>
Subject Re: Cyrillic characters
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:22:36 GMT
On Jul 19, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> -If I search "désormais" from the solr/admin page, it is translated to
> q=d%E9sormais in the URL, and nothing's found (the word is in my

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#adef-accept-charset

"The default value for this attribute is the reserved string
“UNKNOWN”. User agents may interpret this value as the character
encoding that was used to transmit the document containing this FORM
element."

Solr-trunk currently uses ISO-8859-1 as the character encoding for
the admin pages.  One of the patches I submitted changes the admin
pages to use UTF-8 and that fixes the problem.

phil.

--
                                    Whirlycott
                                    Philip Jacob