lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brent Verner <br...@rcfile.org>
Subject how to use FunctionQuery with lucene?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:01:12 GMT
Hi,

  FunctionQuery looks _exactly_ like what I want.  I want to apply a rank/sort
kind of thing based on the value of a Document field value.  Specifically, my
users want more "recent" documents to have a higher rank than older documents
and I have a date field with values like 20060707.  It looks like I can do
what I want with a LinearFloatFunction :-)

  I'm using lucene's query parser to get a Query.  How can I use FunctionQuery
in conjunction with my existing query?  I'm gonna _try_ Query.combine(Query[]),
but I'm not sure, from reading the lucene docs, that it will do what I want...

Many thanks!
  Brent