lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tom Weber <tom.we...@rtl.lu>
Subject docFreq disable / disable end of word letter removal
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:16:03 GMT
Hello,

   for my specific project, I would like to ask if the following
settings can be made on the solr system:

   - Currently, I see that the docFreq is also playing in the
scoring. Is is possible to disable this feature so that this is not
calculated in the score ?
   - I see that solr is stripping some characters at the end of the
search words. This is okay, but i try, for example, a search on
"comed", and he is searching for "come". Can I select when the system
will remove which letters and when ? Or where can I disable this
system ? The removal of the trailing "s" is great, but for some
circumstances, the "d" removal of "comed" is not the ideal way.

   Thanks for the help

   And thanks for the really great tool solr is

   Tom