lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: base64 support & containers
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 23:51:38 GMT

: Does Solr support/or will in the future base64 encoded XML documents so
: that binary blobs can be added to the index?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question completely ... if you have
binary data that you want to shove into a stored field, you should
certinaly be able to base64 encode it in your client and shove it into
Solr using a "string" field type -- but your use of hte phrase "base64
encoded XML documents" has me thinkingthatthere is more to your question
involving an "advanced" use of XML that i'm not familiar with -- can you
elaborate?

-Hoss