lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google like searching
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:05:43 GMT
On 7/6/06, Andre Basse <ABasse@theage.com.au> wrote:
> Another question, probably more index related.
> When I do a search for "ageing", my query will also return documents
> with the word "age" only. (not ageing)
> I could image that age == ageing but not ageing == age.
>
> Please, how can I change that?

That's stemming at work... all the forms of age will be reduced to a
common root.  One form doesn't get preferential treatment over
another.

One thing you can do is use copyField to add a non-stemmed version of
your field and query across both, and maybe boost the query on the
non-stemmed version. This will help exact matches score higher.

-Yonik