lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Doc add limit
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:09:49 GMT
Does anyone know if the following table is still valid for HttpUrlConnection:
http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/urlcon_vs_httpclient.html

If so, there are a couple of advantages to using HTTPClient with Solr:
- direct streaming to/from socket (could be important for very large
requests/responses)
- can read code/headers/body regardless what the response code is
- more flexible authorization (not used in Solr now, but could be in the future)
- can set timeouts

-Yonik