lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Cyrillic characters
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:44:08 GMT
On 7/19/06, Tricia Williams <pgwillia@student.cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> ...What I called the _solr url encoding_ was the q= parameter
> translated into <I'm not sure what> encoding in the url...

I think I've seen the same problem, haven't investigated deeper but
IIUC the encoding used when posting a form is related to both the
encoding indicated by the web server in the HTTP headers, and the
encoding indicated (optionally) in the HTML page with something like
<meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="content-type"/>

In my case I've found that, running SOLR from start.jar with default settings:

-If I search "d├ęsormais" from the solr/admin page, it is translated to
q=d%E9sormais in the URL, and nothing's found (the word is in my
index)

-If I replace the q= value with q=d%C3%A9sormais (which is the
encoding that I get when entering this word in the Google search
form), my query works

I haven't seen the problem with my own search form, which includes the
above http-equiv meta and is served as a static page from my web
server.

So I think something's wrong with the encoding on the solr/admin/
search page, but I haven't investigated further.

Hope this helps...not sure if it does but the above scenario looks
similar to yours.

-Bertrand

Mime
View raw message