lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reloading solrconfig.xml
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:24:49 GMT
Thanks, that's actually simpler and it will work for me.
Since I'm thinking of only changing mergeFactor and friends on the fly, I suppose I'd only
need to modify Master's solrconfig.xml.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org; Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:08:58 PM
Subject: Re: Reloading solrconfig.xml

On 9/21/06, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What's the best way to dynamically change solrconfig.xml and have the changes take effect?

Everything would need to be designed for that, and it's currently not.

You might be able to reload the config, but all the classes that
looked at the config and configured themselves would need to be

At CNET, we are always in a load-balanced environment for scalability
and HA.  In that environment, you simply change the config and bounce
the server, letting the remaining servers handle requests.

-Yonik