lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From climbingrose <climbingr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mobile phone shop + Solr
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:34:12 GMT
I probably need to visualise my models:

MobileInfo (1)------------------------------------(1...*) SellingItem

MobileInfo has many fields to describe the characteristics of a mobile phone
model (color, size..). SellingItem is an "instance" of MobileInfo that is
currently sold by a user. So in the ERD terms, SellingItem will probably
have foreign key call MobileInfoId that references the primary key of
MobileInfo. Now obviously, I need to index MobileInfo to support faceted
browsing. How should I index SellingItem? The simplest way probably is to
combile mobile phone specs in MobileInfo and and fields in SellingItem, and
then index all of them. In this case, if I have 1000 SellingItems
referencing a particular MobileInfo, I have to repeat the fields in
MobileInfo a thousand times.

--
Regards,

Cuong Hoang