lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Przemysław Brzozowski <brzo...@interia.pl>
Subject Re: Double Solr Installation on Single Tomcat (or Double Index)
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 08:34:51 GMT

Tom Weber napisał(a):
> Hello,
>
>   I need to have a second separate index (separate data) on the same
> server.
>
>   Is there a possibility to do this in a single solr install on a
> tomcat server or do I need to have a second instance in the same
> tomcat install ?

You will need separate instances within the same Tomcat.

>   If either one is possible, does somebody has some advice how to set
> this up, and how to be sure that both indexes do not interact ?

Create context xml file for each SOLR application in the folder :
CATALINA_HOME\conf\Catalina\localhost\context_name.xml.

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/..../solr.war" debug="0"
crossContext="true">
    <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String"
value="${catalina.home}\solr_data_files\" override="true" />
  </Context>

Adjust docBase to point at solr.war.
Adjust solr/home to point at solr_data_files - different folders for
different SOLR instances.

If the context xml file name is called solr1.xml then you can acces that
solr instance using following url  http://host:port/solr1/admin.

>   Many thanks for any help,
>
>   Best Greetings,
>
>   Tom

200 zlotych bonusu w eliminacjach do Mistrzostw Europy dla Ciebie!
BETWAY.com >>> http://link.interia.pl/f199f