lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Imbeault <michael.imbea...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Got it working! And some questions
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 02:47:55 GMT
First of all, it seems the mailing list is having some troubles? Some of
my posts end up in the wrong thread (even new threads I post), I don't
receive them in my mail, and they're present only in the 'date archive'
of http://www.mail-archive.com, and not in the 'thread' one? I don't
receive some of the other peoples post in my mail too, problems started
last week I think.

Secondly, Chris, thanks for all the useful answers, everything is much
clearer now. This info should be added to the wiki I think; should I do
it? I'm still a little disappointed that I can't change the OR/AND
parsing by just changing some parameter (like I can do for the number of
results returned, for example); adding a OR between each word in the
text i want to compare sounds suboptimal, but i'll probably do it that
way; its a very minor nitpick, solr is awesome, as I said before.

@ Brian Lucas: Don't worry, solrPHP was still 99.9% functional, great
work; part of it sending a doc at a time was my fault; I was following
the exact sequence (add to array, submit) displayed in the docs. The
only thing that could be added is a big "//TODO: change this code"
before sections you have to change to make it work for a particular
schema. I'm pretty sure the custom header curl submit works for everyone
else than me; I'm on a windows test box with WAMP on it, so it may be
caused by that. I'll send you tomorrow the changes I done to the code
anyway; as I said, nothing major.

--
Michael Imbeault
CHUL Research Center (CHUQ)