lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joachim Martin <jmar...@path-works.com>
Subject Re: Facet performance with heterogeneous 'facets'?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:07:45 GMT
Michael Imbeault wrote:

> Also, is there any plans to add an option not to run a facet search if
> the result set is too big? To avoid 40 seconds queries if the docset
> is too large...

You could run one query with facet=false, check the result size and then
run it again (should be fast because it is cached) with
facet=true&rows=0 to get facet results only.

I would think that the decision to run/not run facets would be highly
custom to your collection and not easily developed as a configurable
feature.

--Joachim