lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: MoreLikeThis class in Lucene within Solr?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:45:21 GMT

On Sep 11, 2006, at 4:54 PM, Michael Imbeault wrote:
> Is it possible in any way to use the MoreLikeThis class with solr
> (http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/
> similar/MoreLikeThis.html)? Right now I'm determining similar docs
> by just querying for the whole body with OR between words, and it's
> not very efficient performance wise. I never coded in Java so I
> really don't know where I should start...

I use MoreLikeThis in a custom request handler for Collex, for
example the three items shown at the bottom left here:

	<http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/patacriticism/collex/trunk/src/
solr/org/nines/TermQueryRequestHandler.java?revision=391&view=markup>

I would like to get MoreLikeThis hooked into the
StandardRequestHandler just like highlighting and facets are now.
One of these days I'll carve out time to do that if no one beats me
to it.  It would not be difficult to do, it would just take some time
to iron out how to parameterize it cleanly for general-purpose use.

	Erik