lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Facet performance with heterogeneous 'facets'?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 03:10:48 GMT
On 9/18/06, Michael Imbeault <michael.imbeault@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Just a little follow-up - I did a little more testing, and the query
> takes 20 seconds no matter what - If there's one document in the results
> set, or if I do a query that returns all 130000 documents.

Yes, currently the same strategy is always used.
   intersection_count(docs_matching_query, docs_matching_author1)
   intersection_count(docs_matching_query, docs_matching_author2)
   intersection_count(docs_matching_query, docs_matching_author3)
   etc...

Normally, the docsets will be cached, but since the number of authors
is greater than the size of the filtercache, the effective cache hit
rate will be 0%

-Yonik