lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Facet performance with heterogeneous 'facets'?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:54:39 GMT
On 9/21/06, Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org> wrote:
> Hang in there Michael, a fix is on the way for your scenario (and
> subscribe to solr-dev if you want to stay on the bleeding edge):

OK, the optimization has been checked in.  You can checkout from svn
and build Solr, or wait for the 9-22 nightly build (after 8:30 EDT).
I'd be interested in hearing your results with it.

The first facet request on a field will take longer than subsequent
ones because the FieldCache entry is loaded on demand.  You can use a
firstSearcher/newSearcher hook in solrconfig.xml to send a facet
request so that a real user would never see this slower query.

-Yonik