lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Facet performance with heterogeneous 'facets'?
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:35:26 GMT
On 9/22/06, Michael Imbeault <michael.imbeault@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I upgraded to the most recent Solr build (9-22) and sadly it's still
> really slow. 800 seconds query with a single facet on first_author, 15
> millions documents total, the query return 180. Maybe i'm doing
> something wrong? Also, this is on my personal desktop; not on a server.
> Still, I'm getting 0.1 seconds queries without facets, so I don't think
> thats the cause. In the admin panel i can still see the filtercache
> doing millions of lookups (and tons of evictions once it hits the maxsize).

The fact that you see all the filtercache usage means that the
optimization didn't kick in for some reason.

> Here's the field i'm using in schema.xml :
> <field name ="first_author" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

That looks fine...

> This is the query :
> q="hiv red blood"&start=0&rows=20&fl=article_title+authors+journal_iso+pubdate+pmid+score&qt=standard&facet=true&facet.field=first_author&facet.limit=5&facet.missing=false&facet.zeros=false

That looks OK too.
I assume that you didn't change the fieldtype definition for "string",
and that the schema has version="1.1"?  Before 1.1, all fields were
assumed to be multiValued (there was no checking or enforcement).

-Yonik