lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Archambault" <tarchamba...@bangordailynews.net>
Subject Re: Re: Re: IIS web server and Solr integration
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 00:00:01 GMT
Thanks Jeff,

I am going to run Solr for our beta site, mobile.bangordailynews.net,
the mobile device version of our site. I'm just running it on Jetty
right now as a completely separate web app under a different port. The
Jetty port is not available on the web. I'm using Coldfusion to "get"
the results.

This will give me a chance to play with it a little. If things work
like I think they will, I will probably buy a Linux-based "VPS"
account and run Tomcat and Solr on it with our hosting provider and
send the requests over to my dedicated server. I'm not much of a
programmer nor do I know anything about Linux, but I think you are
right about this.

Tim