lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Archambault" <tarchamba...@bangordailynews.net>
Subject Re: Simple Faceted Searching out of the box
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:40:11 GMT
I have a couple of questions from some online newspaper folks who are
interested in Solr and are trying to understand how and why it came to be. I
think inherent in these questions is the underlying theme I hear all the
time and that is "Solr is not a content management system. It's a search
engine."

What I really wonder about CNet is how they manage their content and how
Solr fits into their overall architecture -- is it an add-on? a
purpose-built hammer to handle a specific problem they were having? was it
something they "wanted" ... or instead something they needed to do, despite
preferring something else?

Another question asked of me was "Will Solr ever connect with datasources
directly?"

Thanks in advance for any feedback I can supply the folks.

Tim