lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan McKinley" <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Split one string into many fields
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 02:58:17 GMT
On 1/21/07, Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org> wrote:
> On 1/21/07, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are you suggesting something like this:
> >

> >     <fieldtype name="splitField" class="solr.TextField"
> > sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true">
> >       <multi-field>
> >         <tokenizer class="solr.RegexTokenizerFactory" pattern=";" />
> >         <filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />
> >       </multi-field>
> >       <analyzer>
> >       </analyzer>
> >     </fieldtype>
>
> Exactly, except for that <multi-field> bit... what's that?

Maybe the name is wrong, but it is something to tell the updateHandler
to use the tokenizer and filters (normally used for analysis) to
convert the single field into many fields.

I want something that is equivalent to splitting the string on the
client side and filling multiple *fields* not just tokens.

or are you suggesting: