lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Rodenburg" <jeff.rodenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple indexes
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:24:43 GMT
I've followed a host of past threads on this subject and am trying to
determine what's best for our implementation.  For those who've chimed in on
this, I think I'm just looking for a good summary (as Hoss recently
mentioned, perhaps a FAQ).

We presently have one index running under Solr/Tomcat55/Linux, which is
continually growing in size.  I have a need to add two other separate
indexes (or is it indices?), which would all carry separate configs.  One
will be small and won't change, the other will grow in size.  For
redundancy, I expect to get into the Solr distribution model.  Collectively,
all three indexes will venture into the 2GB range, so nothing to extensive.

All things considered -- jvm memory management, availability, other things
I've left off the list -- are there any determinations of best practice for
deployment under the topic of "multiple index/multiple instance"?  Any
specific recommendations for the given details I've provided here?

thanks,