lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: listing/enumerating field information
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2007 02:59:08 GMT
So, where are we with these things now?

On Jan 11, 2007, at 2:24 AM, Tracey Jaquith wrote:
> 1) across the entire index, enumerate all the unique values for a
> given field.

&facet=true&facet.field={fieldname} can do this with the standard
request handler.  Right?

The one delta for my use case is getting ones that start with a
certain prefix.  I'll look into adding this when I can.

> 2) we use unrestricted dynamicField additions from documents.
> (that is our users are free to add any named field they like to
> their document's data (which is metadata for their item)).  we want
> to list all the unique field names in the index.

I think a standalone request handler to return all the field names in
the index would be great.  Anything this thing should return other
than a list of field names?  I think this should be standalone
because it is separate from a search, and in my use case it would be
something solrb would load up once (per connection to Solr perhaps)
and use to dynamically show what can be faceted on, sorted on,
searched on, etc.  Combine that with a fetch of schema.xml, and a
client would have a pretty good picture of what is under the covers.
Maybe the request handler that returns the field names could also
combine that with the schema information, flattened a bit.

Thoughts?

	Erik