lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Solr Flare
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:55:00 GMT
I'm finally kicking off that long dreamed of Ruby/Solr DSL, including
an accompanying general purpose web interface to showcase the
greatness of Solr's capabilities, including faceted browsing.  I've
titled the project Flare, and have committed the bits of low-level
code into Solr's repository.  The gory details are on the wiki, here:

	<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Flare>

I'm dedicating the next couple of months of spare time to this in
order to have it ready for a couple of big projects, one is to
demonstrate a faceted browsing front-end on our libraries holdings
(~3.7M records), and also to have a framework for even more easily
demonstrating and teaching Lucene and Solr to a bunch of library geeks
[1].

For the Ruby-savvy of you out there, I'd love to have help in
crafting a Ruby Solr DSL suitable for "gem install", and fleshing out
a general purpose API and UI.  As for collaboration, it'll be via
JIRA patches, wiki, and this e-mail list, and we'll go from there.
Thanks in advance!

	Erik

[1] http://www.code4lib.org/node/139