lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Solr Flare
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:24:43 GMT
Based on a chat with an early adopter of Flare, we decided to split
out the Ruby-Solr DSL sooner rather than later.  I've pulled out the
library code into a separate directory under client/ruby/solrb ("rb"
being the standard Ruby file extension).  Info for this library is here:

	<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/solrb>

Flare will be the user interface that leverages solrb to communicate
with Solr, though currently the Flare code is just an empty Rails
generated application.  It'll start being useful very soon.  There
are quite a few folks already dipping into this, so this all should
evolve fairly quickly over the next few weeks.

	Erik