lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Using HTTP-Post for Queries
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:46:00 GMT

On Jan 24, 2007, at 9:38 AM, Maximilian Hütter wrote:
> Erik Hatcher schrieb:
>>
>> On Jan 22, 2007, at 4:09 AM, Maximilian Hütter wrote:
>>> Is there
>>> a XMLQueryParser yet? I didn't find it in the source.
>>
>> Yes - it's part Lucene's contrib area:
>>
>>     <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/xml-
>> query-parser/>
>>

>> You'll have to build the JAR and put it into Solr's WAR, and
>> construct a
>> new request handler to leverage it currently.
>>
>>     Erik
>>

> Thanks, I found and had a look at it.
>
> Is there any documentation on the xml syntax used with parser?

The test cases are your best bet here:

	<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/xml-query-
parser/src/test/org/apache/lucene/xmlparser/>

The XMLQueryParser is fairly new and I haven't heard it mentioned
much in the Lucene community so it probably isn't get much use (yet).

> The request handler should be possible, but I don't know how the
> request
> should look like...

?q=<xml>....</xml> perhaps?

> The discussion from the mailing list is quite long and I am not sure
> what was implemented in the end.

Again, Solr does not currently have support for this XMLQueryParser,
so it would be up to someone to build that support themselves (and
hopefully contribute it back).

	Erik