lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Whitman <brian.whit...@variogr.am>
Subject specifying dataDir on launch of jetty
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 21:47:37 GMT
I would like to specify the solr dataDir on launch of jetty via java -
jar start.jar instead of editing the solrconfig.xml before launching.

I've tried java -Dsolr.dataDir=/x/y/z -jar start.jar but it seems to
have no effect -- it starts with the solrconfig.xml default.

Use case is that I would like to deploy solr to other users with the
data dir going in their home directories.. setting the dataDir in
solrconfig.xml to ~/solrdata does not work (the ~ does not get
expanded on this OSX system.)